Easy Cocktails to make at home
Let’s be honest the coronavirus has swept through this country and left us inside for the moment. With Social gatherings have changed dramatically with not being able to go out shopping, or going to our favourite bar, clubs or pubs. We know it’s much more fun to drink with our friends but in our current situation it’s not possible.
While we are stuck indoors why not learn some impressive new skills and impress your friends in your next event/function bbq or small gathering that you have later on in the year.
Super easy and refreshing mojito.
- 45ml White Rum
- 1 good splash of Soda Water
- 2tsp Caster Sugar or 20mls
- of sugar syrup
- 5-8 mint leaves
- 6 wedges of Lime
- Crushed Ice
- Fresh and mint lime wedges for garnishes
- Muddle mint leaves, lime wedges and sugar syrup in a highball glass
- Add rum
- Top with crushed ice and soda water
- Stir well
- Garnish with fresh mint and lime wedges.
Orange and tequila is a classic combination and it’s a refreshing drink that even people who don’t like tequila will enjoy drinking
- 45mL tequila
- 90mL orange juice
- 10mL grenadine
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Pour tequila and orange juice into a glass
- Slowly pour in grenadine. It will sink to the bottom, so do not stir the drink.
- Garnish with an orange wedge.
The perfect cocktail for coffee lovers
- 30mL coffee liqueur
- 30mL vodka
- 30mL espresso, chilled
- 5mL sugar syrup
- 3 coffee beans, to garnish
- Add ice, vodka, sugar syrup, coffee liqueur, and espresso to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake to blend.
- Strain into an espresso glass.
- Garnish with coffee beans.
- 180mls Pimm’s No1 Aperitif
- Strawberries, Cucumber slices, and Orange wedges to garnish
- Ginger Ale
- Fill a jug with ice, halved Strawberries, Cucumber slices, and Orange wedges.
- Pour in 180mL of Pimm’s No 1 Aperitif.
- Fill the jug 3/4 of the way with equal parts Lemonade and Ginger Ale.
- Fill to the top with more Ginger Ale. Stir and enjoy!
The Cosmo is a delightful classic cocktail made with vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice, and lime. Learn how to make a Cosmopolitan with our simple cocktail recipe.
- 30mL vodka
- 30mL cranberry juice
- 15mL triple sec
- Lime juice
- Add vodka, cranberry juice, triple sec, juice of half a lime, and ice to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake and strain into a Martini glass.
- Garnish with a wheel of lime.
Great classic bourbon cocktail, the Old Fashioned was invented in Louisville, KY.
- 2 tsp 1 sugar cube or 1 to 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Splash/teaspoon of water
- 60ml Scotch whiskey or bourbon
- soda water (optional)
- orange peel
- 1-2 marashino cherry – optional
- Pour the simple syrup/sugar , water, and bitters into a whiskey glass.
- Crush the sugar with a wooden muddler
- Stir to combine, then place the ice cubes in the glass.
- Pour bourbon over the ice and garnish with the orange slice and maraschino cherry
- 45ml vodka
- 1 tablespoon (15mls) freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup ginger beer
Fill a tall glass or copper mug with ice.
- Add vodka and lime juice. Feel free to toss the remaining squeezed lime into the glass/mug.
- Add ginger beer. Fill to the top with ginger beer.
- Stir and serve! Give your Moscow Mule drink a quick stir, and then serve!
Most refreshing cocktails of all time.
- 30ml Blue Curacao
- 30mls Vodka
- 90 ml Lemonade
- Ice cubes
- Cherry & orange slice to garnish
- Add blue curacao, vodka & ice.
- Add ice to highball glass
- Top with lemonade
- Garnish with orange slice and cherry if you like
Classic Italian libation that is as beautiful in presentation as it is delicious. A lovely pre-dinner cocktails. A simple & sophisticated aperitif featuring gin and campri
- 30mls Good-quality gin
- 25mls Compari
- 30mls Sweet vermouth
- Orange peel for garnish
- Put ice in a mixer and add the gin, compare, and sweet vermouth.
- Strain into rocks glass with one large ice cube (or several small cubes)
- Garnish with orange peel.
- Pour ingredients into an old fashioned glass with ice cubes, stir well.
- Pour the gin, vermouth and Campari into a mixing glass or jug with ice. Stir well until the outside of the glass feels cold.
Strain into a tumbler and add 1 large ice sphere or some fresh ice, and garnish with an orange slice, using a blood orange when in season.
Gin and Tonic
Delicious, versatile, and perfect year-round rain or shine. There are many reasons to love this light, airy and refreshing cocktail.
- 60 mls gin
- 145 mls tonic
- 2 lime wedges (½ cup fresh lime juice
- Fill a high ball glass with ice. Pour the gin over the ice and squeeze in one lime. Then top with tonic water. Garnish with lime wedge or slice
- Garnish with an additional lime wedge. Enjoy!
Tastes refreshing and sweet. First made in Puerto Rico back in 1952. A symbol of poolside bars and booze cruises. you’ll be missing is the sand between your toes.Most popular summer drink and super easy. One of my favourites.! 🙂
- 50ml of white rum
- 25ml of coconut cream
- 90ml of pineapple juice.
- Place all your ingredients into the blender (apart from the garnish!) and blend until a smooth consistency
- To Garnish a pineapple triangle